Урок в 9-11 классе Тема урока: «Музыкальная гостиная» Тип урока: систематизация знаний - страница №1/1
учитель английского языка Кожевниковской
средней общеобразовательной школы №2
технология личностно-ориетированного обучения
Цель урока: 1. Формирование коммуникативной компетенции в процессе
речевой деятельности на английском языке.
Задачи урока: 1. Углубление знаний по английскому языку через групповые
2. Развитие навыков аудирования.
3. Активизация и автоматизация лексики по теме.
4. Развитие навыков общения, умение слушать собеседника, а
также позитивно мыслить и высказывать своё мнение.
Оснащение урока: 1. компьютер, проектор
3. музыкальные инструменты (гитара, синтезатор)
Different people love different types of music. And I think it’s quite normal. As for me I can listen to different music which is pleasant to my ear. It’s a pity I haven’t got any musical education and I don’t play any musical instruments. But I admire people who can do it. I know that most of you unlike me have got elementary musical education at our music school so you can play musical instrumets, sing songs, dance and play drama. I always go to the concerts with your participation and I watch you with great pleasure and admiration. So we shall speak about music today but the main idea is you should practice your English.
2. Let’s start with listening to a beautiful melody. (One student plays a melody “Steve Wonder”, sing song).
I Just Called
No New Year’s Day to celebrate,
No chocolate-covered candid hearts to give away
No burst of spring, no songs to sing,
In fact here’s just an ordinary day.
No April rain, no flowers bloom,
No wedding Saturday within the month of June,
But what it is, is something true,
Made up of these three words that I must say to you.
I just called to say, “I love you”,
I just called to say, how much I care,
I just called to say, “I love you,”
And I mean it from the bottom of my heart.
No Summer’s time, no warm July,
No harvest moon to light one tender August night,
No Autumn breeze, no falling leaves,
Not even time for birds to fly to southern skies,
No Libra sun, no Hallowe’en,
No giving thanks to all the Christmas joy you bring,
But what it is, though old, so new,
To fill your heart like no three words could ever do.
4. One of the students has prepared “Music Quiz”
Check your knowledge, if you don’t know the answers, it’s a good idea to enrich
your knowledge. Any Gazoyan is ready to help you. She is greatly interested in
music and she is always ready to share some information and to help to
understand some things which are not clear to you or if you don’t know
Any, you are welcome.
2. Name the native city of members of the Beatles
3. Give the name of the Beatles first album
4. What famous musician has inspired the creation of the Beatles?
5. Call the Nickname of Elvis Presley
King of rock-n-roll
6. Name the genre of music which is performed in the songs of Elvis Presley
7. The famous English composer, famous for his contemporary, rock operas and
8. Andrew Lloyd Webber musical based on the novel de French writer Gaston
9. Form of music that emerged in the late XIX – early XX century in the United
States in synthesis of African and European cultures and subsequently received
10. He had the greatest influence on the development of jass, and did much to
popularized it around the world
11. American pop singer, dancer, songwriter, philanthropist, entrepreneur. One
of the most successful artist in history, the winner of 13 Grammy Awards and
dozens of other prizes. He has made a significant contribution to popular
music, movie, dance and fashion.
12. Name the first album by Michael Jackson, the biggest selling album in the
13. A piece of music begins with the words “God save your gracious Queen”
Anthem of the UK
5. Let’s have some fun connected with music. Humour is a great thing and
sometimes we tell jokes to relax.
(Students tell funny stories about music and play roles)
Jokes and funny stories
His friend: And what do you do?
Mr. Smith: Well, I suffer in silence.
“What are they playing?”
“Chaikovsky’s Fifth Symphony.”
“Is it fifth already? Oh how late I am.”
Contralto: Yes, dear. In fact, I noticed several people leaving to make room for it.
Uncle: Oh, buy her a violin. You can kick a violin in bits when you’re fed up, but you can’t a piano.
“I can’t think why they make so much fuss about Miss Trotwood’s voice. Miss Jones has a much richer voice.”
“You’re right but don’t forget that Miss Trotwood has a much richer father.”
Maude: She’s only got nine bouquets tonight.
Claire: Good heavens, isn’t that enough?
Maude: Certainly not. She paid for ten.
Man: Are you having a party?
Boy: Oh, no. Father only wants to go to bed.
Brown: On the contrary. Thanks to them I could buy the house next door at half its worth.
She: All sorts of things. Smith is going bankrupt, Mrs. Brown had dyed her hair, the Whites had a quarrel on Tuesday.
Neighbor: I’m sorry. But it was your daughter who began it.
6. Choose any topic about music you want to speak to and make up a conversation. Some situations: 1) You discuss with your friend the programme of the music concert
you plan to go to.
2) You choose a musical instrument to learn to play.
3) You invite your friend to go to dancing party.
4) You discuss different styles of music.
5) You discuss a problem “Music as a Hobby or a Profession.
7. Thank you for your discussion, singing, playing musical instruments. It was really great. Our lesson comes up to the end. Thank you for your good work. Practice your English as language is the most perfect substance of communication and one the modern tools of thinking. What’s your opinion? What other topics would you like to discuss? May be you want to watch some films about musicians or to watch musicals rock-operas.
“We spent many hours learning English which is used to discover mathematics, science, or even religion, and represents an opportunity for the children to enrich their minds with alternative understandings of the world”. (Shahid Mahdavi Educational Complex)
Используемая литература: учебник М.З Биболетовой “Enjoy English” 11 класс
Учебник В.П. Кузовлева “Нарpy English” 8 класс
Учись говорить по-английски (факультативный
курс), издательство «просвещение» Москва.1972
Учебник Л.Г. Денисовой “Snowball”, интенсивный
Jokes and funny stories by A.L. Diment. Moscow