Подробный конспект урока. Тема урока: "We are doing the sights of London" - страница №1/1
Образовательное учреждение Муниципальное общеобразовательное учреждение средняя общеобразовательная школа №8
Республика/край, город/поселение: Тюменская область, ЯНАО, г. Ноябрьск
Предмет: Иностранный язык (английский язык).
Класс: 6 класс
Подробный конспект урока.
Тема урока: ”We are doing the sights of London”
Автор урока (ФИО, должность): Воропаев Андрей Геннадиевич, учитель английского языка
Тип урока: Урок обобщения изученного материала
Цель образовательная: развитие социокультурной компетенции по теме ”We are doing the sights of London.
Цель практическая; учить учащихся выступать публично с подготовленным устным сообщением на заданную тему.
1) Систематизировать и обобщить изученный материал по теме ”We are doing the sights of London;
2) Практиковать учащихся в употреблении Present Perfect Past Simple и изученных слов в речи;
3) Учить учащихся воспринимать иноязычную речь на слух.
Знания, умения, навыки и качества, которые актуализируют/приобретут/закрепят/др. ученики в ходе урока: В ходе урока ребята актуализируют страноведческие знания по теме Лондон, практикуют навыки монологической и диалогической речи, демонстрируют умение выступать перед классом, систематизируют знания употребления Present Perfect Past Simple.
Необходимое оборудование и материалы: Компьютер, проектор, интерактивная доска, карточки для рефлексии, книги и рабочие тетради.
Подробный конспект урока
Ход и содержание урока.
Мотивация учащихся: Good morning my dear boys and girls, our guests and teachers! I’m glad to meet you at our lesson!
Good morning teacher!
Take your seats, please!
Dear boys and girls, today we have an unusual lesson. We are going to do the sights of London;
Today at the lesson we must remember some facts about the most famous places of London.
Now, please, write down the date and the topic of our lesson ”We are doing the sights of London;
II. Речевая зарядка.
- Do you like to go sightseeing around the city?
- When did you do it last?
- What city are we going to visit today?
- What famous places would you like to see there?
Listen and repeat.
- Прежде чем мы начнем с вами наше путешествие, на экране вы увидите достопримечательности Лондона. Давайте вспомним и назовём эти известные места и ответим на мои вопросы, используя времёна Present Perfect Past Simple которые вам пригодятся сегодня на уроке.
So, please try to answer my questions:
Teacher: - What famous place can you see in the first (second, third, forth, fifth, sixth….) picture?
Pupil: In the first picture we can see the Houses of Parliament. (Big Ben, Buckingham Palace, Westminster Abby, The Tower of London, St. Paul’s Cathedral)
Pupil: Yes, we have learnt many interesting things about the Houses of Parliament. (Big Ben, Buckingham Palace, Westminster Abby, The Tower of London, St. Paul’s Cathedral)
Teacher: - When did you learn about it?
Pupil: - Oh, we learnt about the Houses of Parliament two weeks ago.(last week, three days ago………….)
Teacher: -Good for you! I think that you are ready to start our trip around London! You remember that some lessons ago you were divided into five groups. Each group had to find some interesting information about a certain sight and to present it to us. I hope everybody is ready and we may start.
Let’s welcome our first group. (слайд №2 )
Thank you very much! Good bye!
- Let’s go to the next sight! Let’s invite our next group. They are going to tell us about the home of the English Queen! (Слайд №3, 4)
2. Good morning boys and girls! Glad to see you here! We are at the Buckingham Palace. Welcome to the home of the English Queen. Buckingham Palace is the official London residence of the British monarch. When the flag is flying on the top it means that I at home! It is a wonderful building with a monument in front of it, which is the Queen Victoria Memorial. It takes people 10 or 20 minutes to get from Buckingham Palace to Trafalgar Square.
Oh! Well done! We are very grateful for you! Thank you!
- Now we are moving to the next sight! Let’s welcome our next group. They will tell us about one of the oldest sights of London the Tower of London. (Слайд №5)
3. Good morning everybody! Nice to see you again! You can visit some interesting places in the City and around it. One of them is the Tower of London. We would like to say that at the beginning of the 11th century England was already a big country and London was a very important city.
In 1066 William the Conqueror went to England from Normandy in France. He became the king of England. The king lived in London. All kings and queens of England lived in London. But William was afraid of the English and he built the White Tower to live in it. Now it is one of the most important and beautiful buildings of the Tower of London. The Tower of London was a fortress, a palace, a prison and the king’s Zoo. Now it is a museum. You can see a lot of interesting things in the halls of the White Tower.
It’s interesting to know that there are always big black ravens in the Tower of London. People keep them in the Tower and look after them very well as they believe that London will be rich while ravens live there.
Thank you very much!
-Good bye! See you again!
-Our next group is going to speak about the geographical center of London. As you have already guessed it is Trafalgar Square. (Слайд №6,7)
4. The centre of London is Trafalgar Square. It is the most beautiful place in London. In the middle of the square stands a tall column. It is a monument to Admiral Nelson. Four bronze lions look at the square from the monument. The National Gallery is one of the best picture galleries of the world. The square is also famous for its pigeons. There are a lot of them in Trafalgar Square. You can even buy special food for pigeons and feed them.
Thank you very much for very interesting information!!
- Let’s go to the next sight! We are going to invite our next and the last group. And now they will tell us about the two famous churches in London. (Слайд №8,9)
5. One of the greatest English churches, St. Paul’s Cathedral, is not far from the Tower of London. The famous English architect Sir Christopher Wren built it in the 17th century after the Great Fire. It took Sir Christopher Wren 35 years. It is a beautiful building with many columns and towers. In one of its towers there is one of the largest bells in the world.
The Thames is behind the Houses of Parliament and the bridge across it is Westminster Bridge. On the other side of Parliament Square is Westminster Abbey. It is one of the most famous and beautiful churches in London. It is very old too. It is more than 900 years old. There are so many monuments and statues there. Many English kings and queens are buried there. Westminster Abbey is famous for the Poet’s Corner too. Many great writers are buried there: for example Charles Dickens and Rudyard Kipling.
Thank you very much everybody! You‘ve made a great job! But our tour around London is coming to an end.
But at the previous lessons you have learnt some more information about the sights of London.
Let's check up how well you have remembered the facts about London.
And on the smartboard you can see the following exercises on the topic the sights of London to do.
1. We already … to London.
a) were b) was c) have been
2. They … St. Paul’s Cathedral when they were in London.
a) didn’t see b) haven’t seen c) didn’t saw
3. I … Big Ben yet.
a) didn’t see b) haven’t seen c) hasn’t saw
4. Have you ever … of the Tower of London?
a) heard b) hear c) hare
5. She … Buckingham Palace 5 years ago.
a) visits b) visited c) has visited
Westminster, Whitehall, Houses of Parliament, Trafalgar Square, Thames, Downing street, Big Ben, Parliament Square, Poet’s Corner, Queen Victoria Memorial, Westminster Bridge, Westminster Abbey, Buckingham Palace.
5. Guess what it is. (Слайд №14,15)
а) Buckingham Palace
b) St. Paul’s Cathedral
c) Westminster Abbey
a) Trafalgar Square
b) The Tower of London
c) The Houses of Parliament
a) Buckingham Palace
b) The Tower of London
c) Trafalgar Square
a) Westminster Abbey
b) Trafalgar Square
c) The Houses of Parliament
a) Buckingham Palace
b) Westminster Abbey
c) Trafalgar Square
Share your impressions on the Sights of London (USING THE LANGUAGE SUPPORT) LANGUAGE SUPPORT
ô I think…because…
ô I agree (can’t agree) with…because…
ô I would like to say…
ô I want to say…
ô It seems to me…
ô In my opinion …
ô I am sure…
ô I believe…
ô To my mind…
Use this plan:
Our lesson has finished. I hope that you have enjoyed our sightseeing of London very much.
Слайд 16. «I hope to see London once ere I die». (William Shakespeare (1564-1616)
5. Заключительная часть урока. Подведение итогов.
- Did you like the Sights of London?
- What places of interest have you learnt about today?
-What did you like most of all?
- Do you think London is one of the most beautiful cities in the world?
- Would you like to visit London?
Thank you for your interesting presentations. You were very good students. We’ve got many impressions. We have seen many new places in London.