Контрольная работа по английскому языку - страница №1/1
(рубежная аттестация по итогам I-II семестра)
I. Закончите предложение, используя глаголы в скобках в соответствующей контексту видо-временной форме действительного залога. Переведите предложение на русский язык.
1. The doctor (to complete) the examination of the last patient and (to go) home half an hour ago.
2. Working at the hospital and caring for patients an intern (to get) the necessary experience.
3. The students are busy now: they (to do) their laboratory work.
4. The researchers (not to finish) their works so far, but they promise good results.
5. The doctor (to try) to feel the patient’s pulse but it wasn’t palpable.
6. Patient (to suffer) a cardiac arrest in the ambulance. Prior to this he (to complain of) severe chest pain.
7. The surgeon said that he (to begin) operating on in 20 minutes.
8. He (to write) case reports from two till four o’clock tomorrow.
9. They (to give) her premedication before the operation begins.
10. By the end of next week you (to undergo) the whole course of treatment.
II. Закончите предложение, используя глаголы в скобках в соответствующей контексту видо-временной форме страдательного залога. Переведите предложение на русский язык.
10. The doctor asked nurse if the old dressing (to change) yet.
III. Закончите предложения, заменив русские модальные глаголы, данные в скобках, на английские в соответствующих формах.
IV. Переведите предложения на английский язык.
Ключи к контрольной работе
1. completed; went
Врач закончил осмотр последнего пациента и ушел домой полчаса назад.
Работая в больнице и ухаживая за пациентами, интерн получает необходимый опыт.
3. are doing
Студенты сейчас заняты: они выполняют лабораторную работу.
4. haven't finished
Исследователи ещё не закончили работу, но они обещают хорошие результаты.
5. was trying
Врач пытался прощупать пульс пациента, но он не определялся.
6. suffered; had been complaining of
Пациент перенес сердечный приступ в машине скорой помощи. Незадолго до этого
он жаловался на сильную боль в груди.
7. will begin
Быстро везите больного в операционную! Я начну операцию через 20 минут.
8. will be writing
Завтра с двух до четырех часов он будет заполнять истории болезней пациентов.
9. had given
До начала операции они проведут ей медикаментозную подготовку.
10. will have undergone
К концу следующей недели он пройдет полный курс лечения.
1. was listened to
Лекция по физиологии была очень интересной и её слушали с большим интересом.
2. is spoken of
СПИД – это болезнь, о которой много говорят в наши дни.
3. have been perused
Все обширные записи о психиатрическом состоянии пациента за последние семь
лет были тщательно изучены.
4. will built
Весь следующий год здесь будут строить новую окружную больницу.
5. will be given
На ночь вам дадут снотворное.
6. was being operated on
Когда мы вошли, его как раз оперировали
7. will have been removed
Не волнуйтесь! Зуб удалят до того, как вы почувствуете боль.
8. have been taken
Вам когда-нибудь раньше мерили артериальное давление?
9. is followed
За этим этапом последовало исчезновение опухолевых клеток.
10. had been changed
Доктор спросил медсестру, сменили ли уже старую повязку.
Мы можем сказать, что способность производить движение – одно из
фундаментальных свойств мышечных клеток.
Если вы хотите быть хорошим специалистом в области медицины, вы
должны совершенствоваться в анатомии и физиологии.
3. may; should
Иногда клиническая смерть может быть результатом инсульта, в этом случае
следует выполнить реанимационные меры.
Пациент смог проглотить совсем не много раствора бария.
Болезнь, должно быть, была вызвана вирусом типа В.
6. have to
Вам придется повторить томографию мозга.
7. had to
Они должны были направить его к онкологу.
8. shouldn't; should
Я думаю, что врачу не следовало говорить женщине, что её заболевание
неизлечимо. Ему следовало ободрить её.
Мы должны немедленно изолировать пациента, пока он не заразил всех
Старшая сестра говорит, что нам следует отмыть мебель до блеска.
1. The nurse had to call a doctor as the patient had felt himself worse.
2. I am going to prescribe you powders and cough mixture. They must help you.
3. Have you ever suffered from any serious disease before?
4. Are you taking any drugs now?
5. What had your district doctor advised you before you consulted doctor in our clinic?
6. You will be taking this mixture for the next five days and your cough will stop.
7. When the therapist was listening to patient’s heart and lungs he heard some murmurs
in his heart.
8. Influenza is the infectious, wide-spreading disease which affects people of all ages.
9. If there are no complications, the patient will be discharged in a week.
10. The patient’s examination was followed by X-ray test.
TEST (Conditional Clause I)
1 Подберите две части одного предложения.
1. If we have a bed free on the ward, a. she’ll book another appointment.
2. If the consultant becomes available, b. he’ll need to stop taking them.
3. If you ask the receptionist, c. we’ll let you know it’s available
4. If these tablets make him dizzy, d. I’ll go in and ask him.
5. If the rash doesn’t go away, e. I’ll prepare myself better.
6. If your father gets any worse, f. we’ll keep a close eye on him.
7. If I sat the exam again, g. we’ll probably admit him.
8. If your child stays in the hospital, h. we’ll send him to a specialist.
9. If she doesn't come out of the coma soon, i. what will you do
10. If the patient makes no response j. she will die
2. Составьте предложения с придаточными условия 1 типа.
1. Jane / develop fever / you / need / be careful
2. Tim / lose any more weight / it / be better / bring him in
3. doctor arrives / I / let you know
4. you / notice / change / Amir’s condition / switchboard / be able / bleep me
5. Tom / get worse / we / transfer him / intensive care
6. Juan / stabilize / make / speedy recovery / we / discharge him soon
7. we / not do / these screening tests / it / increase / the risk of permanent damage
8. you / give / him / the solution / in little sips / it / help / stop / him / from
bringing him up
9. your mother / need / any medication / we / give / it / to her
Ключи к тесту
1. If we have a bed free on the ward, we’ll let you know it’s available.
2. If the consultant becomes available, I’ll go in and ask him.
3. If you ask the receptionist, she’ll book another appointment.
4. If these tablets make him dizzy, he’ll need to stop taking them.
5. If the rash doesn’t go away, we’ll send him to a specialist.
6. If your father gets any worse, we’ll probably admit him.
7. If I sat the exam again, I’ll prepare myself better.
8. If your child stays in the hospital, we’ll keep a close eye on him.
9. If she doesn't come out of the coma soon, she will die.
10. What will you do, if the patient makes no response?
1. If Jane develops a fever, you’ll need to be careful.
2. If Tim loses any more weight, it will be better to bring him in.
3. If the doctor arrives, I’ll let you know.
4. If you notice any change in Amir’s condition, the switchboard will be able to bleep me.
5. If Tom gets worse, we'll transfer him to intensive care.
6. If Juan stabilizes and makes a speedy recovery, we’ll discharge him soon.
7. If we don’t do these screening tests it will increase the risk of permanent damage.
8. If you give him the solution in little sips, it will help to stop him from bringing him up.
9. If your mother needs any medication, we’ll give it to her.
10. If heart rate decreases, blood pressure drops.
(промежуточный контроль, проверка остаточных знаний, 2 курс)
1. Составьте предложение из представленных ниже слов (первое предложение служит образцом).
1. discomfort / may / a / little / feel / you
You may feel a little discomfort.
2. benefit / the / therapy / might / from / patient
3. be / save / his / able / to / we / might / life
4. this / last / him / alive / see / time / be / the / could / I’ll
5. I / the / difficult / surgeon / will / asking / be / some / questions
6. will / work / we / maybe / think / that / drug / this
7. be / cured / I / don’t / that / your / father / it’s / can / possible / think
8. the / case notes / yet / read / you / have
9. look / much / you / so / better
10. procedure / performed / nurse / is / in / this / practice
11. gardening / he / collapsed / when / he / was
12. nurse / assessed / the / injuries / triage / his
13. street / and / crossing / the / a / car / hit / her / she / was
14. when / he / taking / he / died / was / medication
15. operation / he / was / lot / of / pain / before / the / in / a
16. a / careful / the / made / after / examination / he / diagnosis
17. the / was / when / the rang / I / leaving / house / phone
2. Выберите нужное слово из двух предложенных (первое предложение служит
1. One quality that all doctors must have is patience.
a) patience b) patients
2. She is very concerned that her hair loss will result in her becoming ________________.
a) balled b) bald
3. She nervously waited for the post to find out whether she had ____________ her final nursing examination.
a) past b) passed
4. He has put on a lot of ______________ in the last few months.
a) weight b) wait
5. A new ______________ on the edge of the city has been found for the new hospital.
a) sight b) site
6. During the procedure she began to feel unwell and felt she was going to _________.
a) feint b) faint
7. The surgeon uses a large number of _________ to mop up the blood.
a) slobs b) swabs
8. Muscular dystrophy is a disease where the muscles ___________ away.
a) waist b) waste
9. He suffers from a muscular __________ in his left eye.
a) tic b) tick
10. In the accident he suffered a major ____________ to his right femur.
a) break b) brake
11. After sneezing or coughing, some microbial pathogens may be ____________ on the wind, enhancing the spread of infection.
a) born b) borne
12. Before going off duty the doctor should __________ that all intravenous cannulae are working satisfactorily.
a) cheque b) check
13. The wound has been very slow to ____________.
a) heel b) heal
14. The doctor was called when the child began to ____________ with pain.
a) grown b) groan
15. Her skin was badly _____________ with the scars of acne.
a) pitted b) pitied
Ключи к тесту
2. The patient might benefit from therapy.
3 We might be able to save his life.
4. This could be the last time I’ll see him alive.
5. I will be asking the surgeon some difficult questions.
6. We think that maybe this drug will work.
7. I don’t think it’s possible that your father can be cured.
8. Have you read the case notes yet?
9. You look so much better.
10. This procedure is performed in nurse practice.
11 He collapsed when he was gardening.
12. The triage nurse assessed his injuries.
13. She was crossing the street and a car hit her.
14. When he died he was taking medication.
15. Before the operation was a lot of pain
16. After examination he made a careful diagnosis.
17. When the phone rang I was leaving house.
2. b 6. b 10. a 14. b
3. b 7. b 11. b 15. a
4. a 8. b 12. b
5. b 9. a 13. b
Грамматический тест (Passive Voice)
1. Напишите шесть предложений, используя глагол в скобках в соответствующих
каждой ситуации видо-временных формах пассивного залога
2. Исправьте ошибки в предложениях.
3. Опишите пандемию гриппа 1918, используя глаголы в скобках в формах
Model. 30 million people / kill / influenza pandemic of 1918.
30 million people were killed by the influenza pandemic of 1918.
4. Переделайте предложения, используя формы пассивного залога.
Model: You should give 0.5 ml doses of the MMR vaccine.
0.5 ml doses should be given.
6. You should not give this to pregnant women.
Ключи к тесту
1. The first aid had been given to him before the ambulance arrived.
2. The first aid was being given to him when I saw him at the admission department.
. 3. The first aid was given to him yesterday.
4. The first aid is being given to him at that moment.
5. The first aid will be given to him in a few minutes.
6. The first aid has been given to him just now.
1. The old dressing is contaminated.
2. The micro-organisms are all killed by the sterilization.
3. The diagnosis could be made after the cardinal signs appeared.
4. This rash has been caused by meningitis.
5. Sensory loss is suffered by people with leprosy.
6. All the children must be immunized.
7. The anthrax bacteria are destroyed by an antibiotic.
1. People were struck by illness on the street.
2. Nothing could be done to stop the spread of the disease.
3. The virus was spread by the movement of large numbers of people.
4. More coffins and gravediggers were needed.
5. The origins are not known even today.
6. Antibiotics had not been used until the 1950s
7. Many thousands of people have been killed by the flu virus since 1918
1. MMR vaccinations are given to two-year-old children.
2. An adverse reaction may be caused by vaccinations.
3. Hypersensitivity to the hepatitis A vaccine is known about.
4. Hepatitis B vaccinations have to be given to health care workers.
5. Soiled dressings must not be handled without gloves on.
6. This should not be given to pregnant women.
Когда больница была открыта, ее посетили некоторые американские врачи
(was opened – Past Indefinite (Passive)).
1. The paper is a review on basic research in medicine.
2. The research was up-to-date.
3. I will be a doctor in 6 years.
1. Some students of Group 10 will take an active part in research work.
2. Did you take any medicine when you had a sore throat?
3. I suffered no diseases in my childhood.
1. Sunshine makes you more sociable.
2. The days are shorter in winter.
3. The most difficult chapter on biochemistry is written by a very experienced worker.
1. The book contains a number of new theories.
2. The scientist demonstrated new technique.
3. The paper will clarify the question.
1. Doctors are designing new techniques to treat many diseases.
2. Last night I slept badly because I was suffering from a bad pain in my back.
3. My mother will be undergoing an X-ray therapy at 3 o’clock tomorrow.
1. Dr N. studied in detail some enzymes that he had isolated.
2. It is interesting to note that scientists have examined both heart and kidney.
3. The doctor in charge thinks that by tomorrow morning this patient's temperature will have fallen to normal.
1. The doctor must have your blood analysis to be sure of your diagnosis.
2. You can see patients in this consulting room.
3. What may cause serious complications after the grippe?
1. The medium is influenced by the temperature.
2. This paper was followed by another one.
3. The results were influenced by the presence of toxins.
IX. Определите тип бессоюзного придаточного предложения (дополнит./определит.):
1. What method was useful to the problem Dr S. studied?
2. The journal gives some methods the researchers follow.
3. The system is controlled in experiments the investigators make.
X. Как называется этот оборот?
1. It is known that doctors need effective preventive measures to eliminate virus diseases.
2. It is reported that virologists study the mode of replication of influenza virus.
3. It is believed that a review of the literature helped the author's analysis of the data.
1. Our district doctor will be able to go out to the calls in the afternoon.
2. Some first-year students are allowed to attend scientific circles.
3. Everybody has to keep the thermometer in the armpit for 10 minutes.
XII. Определите функцию слова ONE (неопределенное местоимение/слово-заместиель).
1. One never knows what to do in such cases.
2. The laboratory tables are higher than usual ones.
3. The mercury thermometer is more accurate than the alcohol one.
1. It is this study of the nervous system that requires a number of histological techniques.
2. When the heart rate is increased, it is the diastolic phase in particular which is shortened.
3. It is the laser beam which can be focused into an area of small dimension.
XIV. Определите время действия в придаточном предложении по отношению к главному:
1. The doctor said she had already made an order for the X-ray examination.
2. He told me that he would not smoke so much.
3. My mother said she felt better.
XV. Определите тип придаточного предложения:
1. The prescription which the doctor wrote out was for a cough mixture.
2. The teacher explains that all animals and plants consist of cells.
3. If oxygen is denied for even ten minutes, the brain cells die.
1. The direction of the nerve fibers has already been established experimentally.
2. This finding suggested that some of the cells had been examined before.
3. It is interesting to note that both heart and kidney will have been examined.
XVII. Определите функцию в предложении:
1. Approaches are designed to clarify definitions.
2. Procedures to be used are developed.
3. To understand the basic signs of the disease is a desire of every doctor.
1. The victim of a street accident had been moaning since he was run over by a car.
2. How long has the patient been complaining of nausea?
3. My mother had been suffering from a severe stomachache for an hour before we made a call to the First Aid Station.
XIX. Определите функцию в предложении:
1. How can doctors spare surrounding tissue?
2. Following the doctor’s advice, she took metabolism–adjusting drugs for weight loss.
3. Having discussed all pros and contras, the doctors decided to operate on the patient.
XX. Определите функцию в предложении:
1. The techniques demonstrated in the lab are new.
2. Each journal contains papers translated into Russian.
3. When organized the laboratory studied nucleic acids.
1. The levels were found to be unaltered.
2. Environmental factors are known to be of significance.
3. After vitamin injections some patients seem to have improved.
1. I want you to explain the following phenomena.
2. Perlman found migratory polyarthritis to be present in approximately 69% of the cases.
3. The scientists watched the levels change with the increase of temperature.
1. Different ways of grouping patients are suitable to different problems.
2. Healthy eating doesn't mean eating less of everything. Eating well means eating less fat.
3. On examining the child they decided to apply chemotherapy.
1. My brother being operated on for appendicitis successfully, his post-operative course was uneventful.
2. I felt an unbearable pain in the lower part of the abdomen, it increasing on the slightest physical exertion.
3. 500 ml of antibiotics having been introduced into the abdominal cavity, the patient was transfused preserved blood as well.
XXV. К какому времени относятся условие и следствие?
ТИПОВАЯ КОНТРОЛЬНАЯ РАБОТА
ТЕКУЩАЯ АТТЕСТАЦИЯ ПО РАЗДЕЛУ «ОСНОВНЫЕ МЕДИЦИНСКИЕ ТЕРМИНЫ»
I Match the definitions with the terms.
1 a patient’s medical background, problems, behavior and lifestyle a disease
2 things wrong with the body which the patient complains of b examination
3 a study of the patient’s body c history
4 an unusual feature which may be worrying or dangerous d symptoms
5 a meeting between patient and a doctor to discuss problems e signs
6 the identification of a particular illness f complications
7 a change in the structure or function of the organs or tissue of the body g abnormality
8 taking away the cause of illness h consultation
9 additional problems to the original illness i diagnosis
10 what the doctor can see of the illness j prevention
II Match the common name for a disease with its medical equivalent.
Medical name Common name
alopecia ____________________ indigestion
arteriosclerosis ____________________ polio
dyspepsia ____________________ baldness
cerebral infarction / _____________________ hardening of the arteries
pyrosis _____________________ measles
myocardial infarction _____________________ bad breath
poliomyelitis _____________________ chickenpox
halitosis _____________________ heartburn
varicella ______________________ stroke
rubeola ______________________ heart attack
III What do the prefixes mean? Choose from the words given below.You will have to use two of them twice.
fat milk potassium sodium starch stone sugar water
Prefix Example Meaning
hydro- hydrotherapy treatment with __________________
lact- lactation formation of ____________________
sacchar- saccharine like____________________________
amyl- amylase enzyme for digesting______________
steat- steatogenous producing_______________________
adip- adipose contains_________________________
glyc- glycoside derivative of _____________________
natr- hypernatraemia excess________________in the blood
kal- kaliuresis secretion of _________________ in urine
calc- calculus a _______________________________
1 c alopecia = baldness
2d arteriosclerosis = hardening of the arteries
3b dyspepsia = indigestion
4g cerebral infarction / bleeding = stroke
5h pyrosis = heartburn
6i myocardial infarction = heart attack
7a poliomyelitis = polio
8j halitosis = bad breath
9f varicella = chickenpox
10 e rubeola = measles